Alexa is a leading site for web analytic and for measuring web metrics. But after learning about how Alexa works and its importance the next thing important step to take is to add your site on Alexa. Verifying your site with Alexa helps to improve your site with more publicity. In this article, I will try to explain all the steps to you.
- First of all, go to Alexa.com
- Create a new account. If you already have an account, log in into your account and update your account details.
- After you sign up and logged in, go to the dashboard tab and click on “Add a site” option.
- Now sign up for free plans from all display plans by filling the necessary forms.
- Then enter the URL of your website/blog, e.g http://example.com.
- Now it is time is to verify your blog or website authority by two option methods.
- The first option is by uploading any file from Alexa.com onto your website or by placing unique ID code given from Alexa.com in your blog/website HTML editor.
- To verify your site with a unique ID code (which is mostly the preferred verification method) verification in Blogger, follow copy the verification ID code.
- Then go to your Blogger dashboard, click on Templates and then Edit HTML, paste the verification code from Alexa.com into your HTML meta for Alexa as shown in the in the image below
code, then save!.
- Now go back to Alexa and click on verify my ID.
- And voila! Your blog or website is verified.
Now all the steps of claiming your blog/website is completed. If your website is new then it won’t display data yet, just wait for few days to update your rank. I hope your site gets improvement in ranking within few days. If you face any problem in the steps mentioned and explianed, share your experience/comment. I will be glad to help you.